About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Friday, October 17, 2014

Postscript on Ingram and update

To follow up on Ingram. After several rounds of e-mails I was able to have my two Gypsy titles released as well as being granted a refund. Just Another Desert Sunset was allowed through without any fanfare and when I asked why I was told that it fit their criteria. I'm still confused about this but left it as is. It will be interesting to see if having the book on Ingram helps my sales.

Now on to bigger news. I am 300 words into the last Gypsy book and Viola has already done the cover for me, which I just had to share! It's fantastic!!! My favorite cover so far! Viola is so talented, isn't she? I'm very excited about Gypsy's Secret and hope to have it completed and up on Amazon before Christmas.

Which brings me back to Ingram. Should I try and get this one into Ingram or just keep it with Createspace? Viola can do the cover to Ingram's specs but my formatter has never formatted for Ingram. This will probably mean that I have to submit the files and have them do the interior which could prove to be quite expensive. But then again maybe I might luck out as I did with Just Another Desert Sunset. And so the dilemma continues. My formatter asked me why I cared? He said his wife has fourteen books out (I think that's the #) and does most of her sales in Kindle. But for some reason that hasn't been the case for me. Well, actually my sales have been dismal in both formats, but that's another matter.

I'll ponder this while I write. I'm sure the answer will come to me just as my characters have taken hold of my story and run away with it. I honestly have no idea what's going to happen next! Writing for me is almost like reading. And I have to say I like it that way.

Thanks for reading! And any and all comments are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment