About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Friday, June 19, 2015

mercury moving forward again!

buy here!

Got back from our trip and found that when I tried to write it flowed instead of sticking! Maybe there is something to this mercury retrograde thing after all! I'm working on my cozy mystery, a departure for me and very fun although it is a challenge to make it long enough. Not sure why this is but adding backstory to fill in the blanks.

Also my depression has lifted after a few weeks of feeling heavy and lackluster. And all this despite record heat here in Tucson! Well, maybe it isn't a record, maybe it's normal for this time of year. But I have not been able to take my daily walk due to being unable to get up at 5 a.m. which would be pushing it anyway since the sun comes up at 5:20. (it was 80 at 6 a.m.) I'm looking forward to the 21st when the days being to shorten again. But on the positive side I've gone to two yoga classes this week and am planning to turn on some music and do some aerobic dancing later today. Thank everything holy for A.C. Not sure how people managed before air conditioning, but then again was it this hot back then? Global warming, people!

As far as marketing goes I'm still in a major quandary. I've sold 2 copies of my new book so far, at least on kindle--I'm not sure what to do about this. More advertising on Facebook doesn't seem to work and so far I haven't wanted to spend oodles of money to promote a book that is on special for .99. I could give it away but I really don't want to do that anymore. At this point after eight books in the marketplace I may start looking for a publicist. With self-pubbed books flooding the marketplace everyone has to have some sort of an edge--mine is finding the right people, my peeps, to market to! But how? That's the question, isn't it? The adage 'if you want to sell more books write another' hasn't really done it for me. Am I in a tiny niche or do my books appeal to a wider audience? How would I know?

And so I'm on the move again, at least in the writing. As far as moving my body we'll just have to see how the dancing goes. At least I have yoga until this heat breaks or I get up earlier!

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment