About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Nanowrimo and Halloween

Nanowrimo is nearly upon us! For those of you who've been thinking about writing a story but haven't gotten to it yet, this is for you. It is also for those who have begun a story and stuck it in a drawer somewhere--bring that sucker out and finish it! And for those who doubt yourselves and don't believe it's possible to write a 50,000 word book in a month, get to work!

You don't even have to join to participate, just do the daily word count! And don't edit! Editing is for later when the month is over.

If you've been reading my last few posts you'll know that I've been doing writing prompts by way of pictures. I have two for you today and they fit with Halloween. One is a sentence, the other is a picture --combine or not, this is your chice. Write on!


If I had only known before I walked through that door. But once my feet had crossed the threshold...




Once my feet had crossed the threshold it was as though something alien had taken hold of my psyche. I couldn't explain it even it I wanted to, that sensation of losing myself. I couldn't think, couldn't do anything but follow the hallway toward the stairs that looked too rickety to hold me. But despite my practical mind screaming NO! I was climbing upward toward a blackness that seemed too dense to be
merely an absence of light. My mind screamed at me to turn around and go back, but my feet kept moving upward, upward until I was inside that darkness, my mind going blank as I was taken beyond what my brain could process--lost in a place that could not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment