About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Sunday, September 4, 2011

the good the bad and the ugly

So, I've achieved the first goal--paid money into Createspace to start designing my first cover. I uploaded three chapters and a synopsis to give them some ideas to go on. The other part of my plan is to get a website up--which is proving to be somewhat more difficult than I anticipated. I now have a domain name and myriad passwords that I can't remember (why does one need so many different passwords?) but Wordpress is completely beyond my comprehension.

 I went through Godaddy, who hosts the website on Wordpress, paid for my domain and set up the acct. It took me three hours to get a picture up and post the first blog. And not without a large amount of frustration. If you asked me now how I did it, I couldn't tell you. Great. The main problem is, no tutorial that I know of to explain how to navigate Wordpress. And even the Wordpress blog is really difficult in comparison to Blogspot. Not sure where to go from here. I think being on the phone with the technical person will not be enough. And after an hour of this a few days ago, my mind was mush. Anyone out there had experience with this?

Maybe it's better to hire a web savvy person and have them take over the entire process. And of course this being a holiday weekend there's no reaching anyone, technical or otherwise.

If anyone out there knows something, anything about setting up a website I would LOVE to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any experience doing what you are attempting but I certainly wish you the best. You're a pioneer forging a path for many of us, so keep us posted as to your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Stephen--I will surely keep you posted. thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete